Video marketing is not a new tool. Business videography has actually been around since the 40’s when the first video commercial ran on a New York TV station during one of the Yankees games. Since then, companies have been utilizing this branch of marketing to help their users engage more with their website and ads.
Business Videography to Improve Customer Connection
Customers make easier connections to a company or brand when they see a video of someone talking to them directly. Additionally, it is psychologically proven that people are more likely to stop reading text than to exit out of a video. Because of this, the average person has an easier time making a connection when they are watching a video that explains the product or service.
Users resonate with videos – they can see the emotions, hear the tone of voice, even the music choice for the video can create a deeper connection. This is where One Forty Films comes in. Our business videographers have the experience and knowledge to make the final product shine while also catering to the audience you want to target.
Impressive Brand Awareness
Brand awareness is one of the most important parts of owning a business and videos do an excellent job of promoting that. Social videos generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined, explaining easily why videos are so important to building a successful marketing strategy. There are many video types to choose from to boost brand awareness. You can tell a company story, interviews with long-lasting employees or customers, or shoot some behind-the-scenes footage.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure to be genuine
- Business videography is more impactful when the viewer feels like the person in the video is talking to them as a human being and not a customer. If you’re going to be talking directly to the camera, make sure to use a softer tone and not a customer service voice which will keep the user engaged longer.
- Remember to keep it short
- Most of the time users can see how long a video is going to be right from the start, so keep this in mind when brainstorming what the final video will include.
- Try using closed captions
- More than 100 empirical studies document that captioning a video improves comprehension of, attention to, and memory for the video.
Business videography is an amazing marketing tool. A recent survey conducted by wyzowl found that 92% of companies using videos say it’s an “important part” of their marketing strategy. When asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service, 73% said they’d prefer to watch a short video and 94% of marketers say video has helped them increase understanding of product or service. These numbers speak for themselves of the importance of using one of the many forms of video marketing.